The Health Services office at INSA Rouen Normandie readily and warmly welcomes our staff and students to:
- ensure primary and urgent medical care,
- lend a sympathetic ear,
- provide information on physical or psychological health issues,
- assist with personal problems, difficulties adapting,
- inform and provide literature on health issues: , sports, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases or STDs,
- help you to keep vaccines up to date (upon request or during medical appointments),
- put you in touch with where you can make appointments for specialized care: nutritional requirements, contraception, acupuncture to quit smoking, sessions with psychologists or psychiatrists, social services.
Staff and office hours
The staff includes:
- a full-time nurse
- a full-time secretary
- an occupational healthcare doctor for students
- an occupational healthcare doctor for staff
a psychologist (by appointment only)
- a social worker (by appointment only)
- a sophrologist (by appointment only)
- specialized staff for disabled students
- Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Health Services – further information
Medical checkups are mandatory for pre-enrolled students, new INSA arrivals and students with specific health risks. Email notification will be sent to all concerned. The medical appointment includes a vaccination update.
Please note: students must contact Health Services promptly for information on additional vaccines needed for travel abroad.
- Sophrology: relaxation and self-improvement. Bi-monthly sophrology sessions are conducted on university premises. Contact Health Services for more information.
- Social workers: information and advice for financial problems. Available by appointment only..
- Psychologists: help and guidance for personal or family problems. Available by appointment only.
- Exam schedule adjustment: assessment of specific needs during the school year depending on disabilities and long-term or debilitating diseases. Available by appointment only. All concerned are encouraged to make an appointment at the beginning of the school year.
For urgent assistance, immediately contact the helpline.
- Hearing Awareness Week: jointly organized by health services, occupational healthcare providers, and the Mutualité Française, a French health insurance organization. Students are encouraged to take a free hearing test at the Health Services office. According to medical recommendations, an appointment free of charge with an ENT specialist can be arranged.
- Workplace First-Aid Program personnel is available on school premises for first-responder emergency care.
- Depending on the individual’s condition, they can be accompanied to the Health Services offices for further treatment.